Food distribution schedule for May, June and July 2021
- Saturday, May 1, 2021
- Saturday, May 15, 2021
- Saturday, June 5, 2021
- Saturday, June 19, 2021
- Saturday, July 3, 2021
- Saturday, July 17, 2021
- Please note families are allowed to visit the food pantry TWICE a month.
- If you require additional food, please call 211, local libraries and/or Second Harvest for a list of other food pantries in the community. You are allowed to visit other pantries during the same month but be aware that their guidelines to the number of times you can receive food may be different from ours.
- July is re-certification month which starts our fiscal year!!! This means all patrons must fill out a new application form (new and old).
- We are committed to servicing our patrons the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month. In the event we need to make a change to our regularly scheduled distribution dates or due to inclement weather, we encourage you to sign up for REMIND APP notifications and/or check this website prior to your visit for updates.
Food Pantry Contact Info:
- Address: 205 N. Seventh St., Stroudsburg, PA 18360
- Telephone Message Line: 570-520-0055
- Email: email@example.com
- Christ Church Website: christchurchstroudsburg.net
- Face book page: Christ Church Food Pantry
- REMIND APP: text @cecfo to 81010
Please note that parking is available across the street from the church. The entrance to the lot is off of Sarah Street.
- Donations to the Food Pantry may be dropped off during our distribution hours: the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month from 10 a.m. to 12 noon.
The History of Our Pantry: The construction of the pantry began in the spring of 2014 as an Eagle Scout project by Russell House. Russell and his crew spent many weeks cleaning out, painting, creating and installing mobile shelving and electricity to the lower area of the church that will house the food and supplies.
As one of the many on-going outreach projects of the Church, a team of volunteers originally led by Sue Freeman, learned about mandated food handling criteria, sorting, labeling, and stocking the shelves with nutritious food, grocery products, cleaning supplies, and toiletries that are distributed to families in need of such provisions at no cost.
In addition to continuing food donations from the congregation, the pantry received a food grant from Second Harvest Food Bank in Allentown that serves Carbon, Lehigh, Monroe, Northampton, Pike, and Wayne counties, and, under the new leadership of Cynthia Nortey, the Garden of Giving, that supplies high quality vegetables and eggs to Monroe county food banks during the growing season.
Making a difference in our community is one of the core values at Christ Church. As Christian disciples we believe we have been called to make a difference in the lives of those less fortunate than ourselves. The Christ Church food pantry is just one more of the ways in which we are endeavoring to answer that call.
If you are so inclined to donate goods to our pantry, below is our wish list of needed items. Please remember regulations prohibit us from to break apart large quantity packaging (like you would buy in BJ’s, etc.), so it is best to purchase goods in small/medium quantities. Dollar Tree is a great place to purchase the items! Also, monetary donations are always appreciated as well…please make your check payable to Christ Episcopal Church and notate on the memo line “food pantry.”
Seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, oregano, basil, sugar, baking power, baking soda, corn starch, etc.
2. Feminine Products
Pads, tampons, panty liners, etc.
Chocolate bars/candy, brownie/cake mixes, popcorn, crackers, tortillas
Toilet paper, paper towels, tooth paste, soap, deodorant, shampoo, soap, etc.
5. Canned Meats and Jerky
Chicken, tuna, Chicken/Beef Chow Mein, Spam etc.
6. Baby Toiletries
Diapers, baby wipes, baby formula, baby shampoo, baby soap, baby food, bottles, etc.
7. Canned Fruit
8. Cold and Hot Cereals
Cream of Wheat, Cream of Rice, oatmeal, dry breakfast cereals
9. Dry Goods
Rice, beans, instant potatoes, cans of vegetables (peas, corn, etc.) and pasta (don’t forget sauce!).
10: Pet Products
Dog/cat food, treats, cat litter, etc.
Fruit juice, Parmalat brand (milk) or shelf stable milk, dry milk, ice tea mix, coffee and/or tea, etc.
Crackers, peanut butter, jelly,